• Thomas James Burris is a real estate developer, but he is best known for being the ex-husband of late famous singer Karen Carpenter from 1980 to 1983.
• Little is known about his biography, except that he was already married and divorced before he met Karen and has a son.
• He became popular through his marriage to Karen Carpenter, who was known for being a musician, singer, and one of the "100 greatest singers of all time" according to Rolling Stone magazine.
• Karen's death was allegedly due to the fact that Thomas was cruel to her and she sought a divorce, leading her to anorexia and heart failure.
• Since Karen's passing, Thomas has been out of the media and it is unknown where he is today.
Who was Thomas James Burris?
Thomas James Burris was born in the USA; the actual place and date of his birth are unknown to the media. He is a real estate developer, but who is probably best recognized for being the ex-husband of the late famous singer Karen Carpenter from 1980 to 1983.
When it comes to speak about his biography, there is no information about it in the media, except that he worked as a real estate developer, and was already married and divorced before the time when he met Karen; he also has a son, who was 18 years old when they married.
Popularity through Marriage
Karen Carpenter was known for being a famous musician and singer, who co-founded the duo called The Carpenters along with her brother Richard Carpenter. The duo became very successful as they released ten gold singles, nine gold albums and won three Grammy Awards. They recorded such hit singles as “Close To You”, “Goodbye To Love”, “Rainy Days And Mondays” and “Yesterday Once More”, among many others. Thanks to her accomplishments in the music industry, Karen was named as one of the 100 greatest singers of all time by Rolling Stone magazine.
In no time, it turned out that the marriage was a huge mistake for Karen. The couple did not have any children, as Thomas told her just several days before they married that he is unable for that due to the fact that he had undergone a vasectomy, which affected Karen a lot, because she wanted to become a mother. At the same time, he was apparently very cruel to her, calling her a “bag of bones”. So, by the following year, she filed for divorce. It was allegedly one of the reasons why she started suffering from anorexia, an eating disorder, which caused a lot of complications in her body as well as heart failure, leading her to death. She passed away on the 4th February of 1983, at the time when they were finalizing the divorce.
Thomas James Burris Net Worth
If to talk about his net worth, there is no information in the media about Thomas’ career, so we do not have any information about his wealth. We can assume that he shared the net worth of his wife during their brief marriage due to the fact that he spent almost the whole amount of her money to the point that she had only a few stocks left. However, Karen left everything she owned to her family, so he did not inherit anything.
Where Is He Today?
Since the death of his wife Karen, he has been out of media attention; he has never expressed any sorrow over her passing. In his last interview, Thomas just stated that he was having a lot of problems with his own career, while his wife was dealing with serious health issues.
Source: IMDb, Wikipedia