• Barry Kramer is a YouTube star and former editor for the Game Grumps
• Grew up in Beverly Hills, California and graduated from Gallatin School of Individualized Study at New York University
• Worked on Game Grumps as an editor, and appeared in "Steam Rolled" and "Grumpcade"
• Moved to San Francisco and focuses on his solo career
• Currently has nearly 200,000 subscribers on YouTube, and 440,000 followers on Twitter
• Enjoys playing video games, listening to music, and travelling
Where is Barry Kramer today? Wiki Bio
Barry was born in Beverly Hills, California USA, on 3 December 1989, so under the zodiac sign of Sagittarius and holding American nationality – he is popular for his YouTube channel, while he is also an editor, writer, and an actor. Although he is no longer working for the Game Grumps, Barry is currently living in San Francisco working for himself, completely focused on his YouTube channel.
Childhood and education
Not much is known about Barry’s childhood as he prefers to keep the details about his early years to himself. He became quite interested in editing videos while he was still in high school, and therefore preferred to stay at home learning it on his own rather than to spend time with his peers – although his parents were not happy about this, they still liked it more than if he played video games.
Grew up in Beverly Hills, raised alongside his older brother Alex by his mother, who he mentioned is a kind woman, and his father who works as an electrical engineer.
After he matriculated from a local high school, Barry enrolled at the Gallatin School of Individualized Study at New York University, and focused on Video Game Theory and Design, with a minor in Business Entertainment, Media, and Technology.
Job with the Game Grumps
Barry became popular thanks to his job of an editor for Game Grumps. He was in charge of everything except for recording, as he edited videos, produced schedules, uploaded videos, and came up with the titles for episodes, their descriptions and thumbnails. He wasn’t forced into doing all that, but decided to do it himself as he wanted to let other members (Jon and Arin) focus on their own series – he was chosen for the job because he was living with Jon at that time.
Barry officially became part of the Game Grumps in September 2012, only to edit their shows. Today (even though he is no longer part of Game Grump), he can often be seen in many of the channel’s episodes while he was in charge of uploading “Yoshi’s Island” and “Super Smash Brothers Brawl” episodes, and was editing “Mario Party 4” episodes. For unknown reasons, it was kept secret that he was working as an editor until the “Battletoads” episode was released. He quickly rose to prominence thanks to his skills and his special “Game Grumps Animated” episode which was uploaded on April Fools’ Day as a joke – he later released another one in July 2015, entitled “Lost at Sea”.
Besides being an editor, Barry is also an actor who appeared in all the episodes of the “Steam Rolled” online series created by Game Grumps – in the episodes, Game Grumps were battling Steam Train in 2v2 battles in three games: “Quake III Arena”, “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive”, and “Worms Armageddon”. Because the team wanted Barry to focus on more important things, they hired a new editor – Kevin – which made it possible for Barry to appear in their series more often, such as “Steam Rolled” and “Grumpcade”. Besides acting, he also produced his own series entitled “How About This Game?” in which he analyzes and talks about the aspects of numerous video games.
As he was left with no editing responsibilities after Kevin was hired, and later Matt and Ryan at the end of 2016, Barry worked on shows such as “World Famous”, “The G Club”, and “Our House” – it appears that he got bored without editing, and therefore decided to leave Game Grumps at the end of 2017 after being part of their team for more than five years. He left the group while staying on good terms with everyone, and looks forward to collaborating with them in the future – after he left, he moved to live in San Francisco and focused on his solo career.
Barry also worked on other series such as the “Minecraft Hardcore”, and “DayZ Hardcore” series as well as the “Terraria Hardcore” launched by Austin “PeanutButterGamer”. He has contributed to the creation of several games, such as “Soof”, “Thicket”, and “Ourobot”.
Barry is now focused on maintaining his own YouTube channel, which he launched on 27 February 2013 with a short caption which reads ‘Videos related to games. Probably. Thanks for reading this description it means a lot to me alright take care now’ – there are currently nearly 200,000 people subscribed to his channel, which counts nearly 4.8 million views of all his videos combined. Barry mostly uploads videos of his gameplays of such as “Kingdom Heart 3” and “Mario Galaxy 3” while he also does ‘Question and Answer’ kind of videos.
Love life and relationships
Barry is rumored to have been dating a girl while he was still part of the Game Grumps team, and the two were together for more than a year before calling it quits – after they two broke up, Barry left the Game Grumps as she was part of the team as well. However, this is only a rumor which hasn’t been confirmed by Barry, and therefore nothing can be said with certainty – he is also rumored to be currently going out with a popular female YouTuber who uploads gaming videos, but he hasn’t confirmed this either.
We're excited to announce a brand new channel, THE GRUMPS! The Grumps is a channel focused on Arin and Dan's live action…
Posted by Game Grumps on Monday, July 22, 2019
Likes and other interests
- Barry is a big lover of animals with his favorite animal being the pygmy marmoset.
- His favorite color is purple.
- He enjoys playing video games but there is a genre he doesn’t enjoy playing which is horror games.
- He also enjoys listening to music and his favorite band is “Gorillaz”. While the Vine platform was still up, he could have been heard singing their songs during his videos.
- Barry also knows how to play the mandolin.
- He loves “Pokemon” TV animated series and his personal favorite Pokemon is Ditto.
- He loves eating good food, and his favorite is chicken parmagiana.
- He hates the video game “The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword”.
- Barry’s current number one hobby is travelling, and he loves his job because he can travel and work at the same time.
Appearance and net worth
- Barry is 29 years old
- Short black hair
- Black beard
- Brown eyes
- 5ft 9ins (1.75m) tall
- Weighs ~160lbs (72kgs)
- Nnet worth is ~$1 million, while Game Grump’s net worth is ~$12 million
Barry spent a year in China, and knows some of the Mandarin language.
Got my Trogdor board game from @StrongBadActual! Now all’s I need is a good onomatopoeia for scooting this bad boy onto the shelf until I have friends over to play it.
I’m thinkin’ like a “SHLOOMP” or “I NEVER HAVE FRIENDS OVER’D” pic.twitter.com/QnBt6wSggJ
— Barry Kramer (@razzadoop) July 20, 2019
Social media presence
- Launched Twitter in July 2012; followed by ~440,000 people; tweeted ~8,500 times
- Instagram is followed by ~120,000 people; uploaded ~80 pictures
- Facebook page is followed by ~3,000