• Dr. Elizabeth Grammer was a staff veterinarian in the National Geographic documentary/reality TV show “The Incredible Dr. Pol” from 2016 to 2018.
• On December 25th, 2016, Dr. Elizabeth's husband, Robert, injected himself with a medication prescribed by Dr. Elizabeth.
• Robert Grammer was taken off life support and passed away.
• An investigation into Robert's death, Elizabeth's suicide attempt, and medication misuse is being conducted by the local District Attorney in Georgia.
• Dr. Elizabeth Grammer has since left the TV show and removed herself from the spotlight.
Who is Dr. Elizabeth Grammer?
Elizabeth Grammer was born in 1973, in Lamar County, Georgia USA, and is a veterinarian, probably best recognized for her appearances in the National Geographic documentary/reality television series “The Incredible Dr. Pol”, which premiered in 2011. The show follows veterinarian Jan Pol, his family and staff, as they encounter various veterinarian challenges in the farm country of Weidman, Michigan. Dr. Grammer starred in this TV series documentary as Staff Veterinarian from 2016 until 2018.
Why did Dr. Elizabeth Grammer leave the show? What really happened?
Doctor Elizabeth Grammer acquired her Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine from the University of Georgia, and soon after started working as a veterinarian at the Southside Animal Hospital. Her academic qualifications helped her rise the ladder of success quite rapidly, and she became known as as one of the most experienced and popular veterinarians who worked with Dr. Jan Pol. Needless to say that her absence from the show was strongly felt, and the fans of the show were somewhat worried and started asking questions.
Several days later, police went to the Grammers’ home only to find Dr. Elizabeth unresponsive and lying on the couch. Deputy Cynthia Patten reported that Dr. Elizabeth had an IV in her arm and had attempted to commit suicide. Dr. Elizabeth was quickly taken to hospital where the doctors managed to save her life. Afterwards, she was taken to the psychiatric ward in Macon.
Unfortunately, on the 30th December, Robert Grammer was taken off life support and passed away on the same day. Since then, there has been an ongoing investigation into Robert’s death, Elizabeth’s suicide attempt, and medication misuse which is being conducted by the local District Attorney in Georgia. Dr. Grammer has since told the police that she has never knew her husband intended to use the medication on himself, and that giving him the medication was wrong.
Since then, Dr. Elizabeth Grammer has unsurprisingly decided to leave the TV show, and remove herself from the spotlight.
Source: IMDb, Wikipedia